Monday, September 7, 2009

Goodbye Boob Tube!

After 4 weeks of waiting, the TV that we've been dying to purchase finally went on sale- I mean really went on sale- so we had to get it! And I've always told Jeff, if we're going to get a new TV, we might as well get the biggest we can afford-because we don't plan on living in a tiny apartment our whole lives. So today, we got a Samsung 55" flat screen TV and she's a beauty. The best part about it- it is being delivered Sunday morning and will be set up in time for the Dallas Cowboys kick off against Tampa Bay. This will also come in handy when watching our OSU Cowboys take us to a BCS Bowl this year- Yes, I'm going to make that prediction now!
Our labor day weekend has been great- it just flew by wayyy to fast! I woke up this morning thinking to myself, 'it's just so great to have a 3 day weekend, so much time..blah blah blah'. Then it hit me- it's already MONDAY! HOLY CRAP where did the 3 day weekend go!?
Friday night we didn't do much, just made some drinks and sat out on the porch enjoying the weather. Saturday we spent the morning at the beach, and in the afternoon we joined our New Haven-OSU group to watch OSU defeat Georgia! Woowhoo! On Sunday we got up early and drove to Cape Cod to celebrate Adam & Anna's wedding at Camp Carson. What a wonderful day it was, tons of drinks, food and friends all around a lake in the middle of the Cape! We drove home late last night, and Jeff got up at 5 am to go play 18 holes of golf while I slept - I have no idea how he had the energy cause I was pooped. Today, I worked awhile at the Nursing home and we've been cleaning house, getting ready for my mom to come stay with us- sooo excited!
That's all for now...getting ready for Thursday- part of me is terrified, the other part is super excited and ready to get it over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment